Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Expert Projects

Just before Spring Break, our grade 1 class decided to become experts.  I got the idea for Expert Projects from a fellow teacher who started doing Expert Projects during Daily Five with her grade 1/2 class at Dr. Hamilton.  We decided that we were interested in becoming experts of a great many different things.  We had do a lot of research in order to become experts and then decided to present our new found knowledge using PowerPoint to create presentations.  As a class, we built criteria that everyone had to follow for their project.  We had an Expert Project showcase and invited our families and other people in our school.  Each student had the chance to present their Expert Project.  It was a great success!  I have shared some of our projects on our blog under the Expert Project tab above. 
I know that everyone worked very hard.  I will continue to add the rest of our projects this week. 
Enjoy!
- Miss Matsumoto

2 comments:

  1. Hi from Ella's Mom! I loved seeing all of your expert projects! I would have never been able to make a power point presentation when I was in grade 1! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella's mom! Thank-you for your comment! We like your comment that you sent us. Thank you for liking our expert projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! We love to read them!!